STRONG, FLEXIBLE & DURABLE FOR HEALTHIER TEETH, GUMS & A FRESHER BREATH
- Cleans the 40% that toothbrushes can't reach
- Ideal for cleaning braces, bridges and orthodontic appliances
- Ergonomic non-slip grip improves comfort and control
- Each brush comes with its own cap which doubles as a handle extension
- Has a fully flexible, high tensile strength wire to limit buckling and breakage
- Long life antibacterial nylon bristles
- Used and recommended by dental professionals
- Designed and made in the UK
- Available in seven colour coded sizes for efficient cleaning
Why use Icon Interdental Brushes?
A toothbrush alone cleans around 60% of the tooth surfaces. We all know that we need to clean between our teeth, flossing can help but interdental brushes are generally the most effective method of keeping the spaces between our teeth clean. Removing interdental plaque and food debris helps to prevent gum inflammation, bad breath and tooth loss.
Icon OPTIM interdental brushes are manufactured using only the highest specification materials. The high tensile strength, plastic coated stainless steel wire prevents buckling and can be angled to the right direction in order to access all tooth spaces. For longer life the bristle are made from the same memory nylon as used for toothbrushes and the brush is locked into the handle using a revolutionary production making it virtually impossible for them to separate.
How to Use your Icon Optim Interdental Brush
For best results we recommend performing interdental cleaning before brushing to maximise its effectiveness.
- Choose a brush size appropriate to the size of the space between your teeth. You may need to use more than one size brush. Your dentist of hygienist can help you to find the right size, otherwise start with the smaller size and work your way up until you feel the bristles engage the tooth surface and gum tissue. The brush should have a snug fit but the wire shouldn't touch the sides of the teeth or gums.
- Insert the brush between the teeth and gently move back and forth to its full length about 2-3 times. Never force the brush into a space and don't bend beyond a 45 degree angle.
- It's recommended that you use the brush daily and change it weekly or sooner if the wire shows signs of fatigue.
- After using the brush wash with water and replace the antibacterial cap and store safely, out of reach of children.
- If you haven't cleaned between your teeth in a while, your gums can feel sore and bleed. Don't worry, bleeding is a sign of inflammation caused by plaque, so it's important to keep cleaning every day and the bleeding should reduce as your gums become healthier. If your gums are still bleeding after a few day, seek advice from your hygienist or dentist.
Package Type: Plastic Clam Pack
Recycling Information: Plastic packaging widely recycled, cardboard widely recycled.